Lightweight at only 5.8 pounds (2.6 kilograms), the HK69A1 grenade launcher is designed to fire a variety of low velocity 40mm ammunition, including high explosive (HE), armour piercing (AP), irritant gas, smoke, less lethal, and flares to ranges up to 400 meters with a degree of accuracy not available from competing designs.
A breach-loading single-shot design, the HK69A1 uses a ladder sight for long-range targets (100-400 meters). A precision flip-up dual aperture short-range sight is used for distances of 50 and 100 meters. The simple break-open action and separate manual hammer allows the HK69A1 to be loaded and unloaded without the hammer being cocked. The retractable stock allows the HK69A1 to be fired as a pistol or from the shoulder.
Key features and system characteristics::
- Rifled steel barrel with lands and grooves profile
- Ladder sight for rapid target acquisition at various ranges
- Flip up short range sight
- Ambidextrous safety lever
- Separate hammer and barrel locking lever allow the HK69 A1 to be carried, loaded or unloaded in an un-cocked condition.
- Retractable stock and pistol grip